I’m passionate about music, and I bet you are, too. I’m even more excited about giving kids the opportunity to have their lives enriched through music… especially disadvantaged kids who so desperately need beauty, discipline, and ART in their lives!
I just learned today that one of my all-time favorite music sites, Pandora, is teaming up with the fine philanthropic organization, GlobalGiving, to support non-profits in the area of music-for-kids. Pandora’s even giving free posters to anyone who donates $10 or more (while supplies last).
Here’s how you can get your donation TRIPLED or even QUADRUPLED!:
1) Visit this information page from Pandora.
2) Donate some money to any of the three organizations listed.
3) Let me know about your donation (organization and amount), either via a comment on this entry, on this Friendfeed thread, or via e-mail (to adam at the domain lasnik.net).
4) Check with your employer to see if they offer donation matching!
I will personally donate a minimum of $50, and up to $250 of my own cash, depending on how much you BLADAM readers donate 😀
In other words, if those of you posting a reply here (or in my e-mail) donate $250, I’ll then donate $250. And my employer, Google, will match that. And perhaps your employer will match your contribution, too… making our collective donation in this case between $750 and $1000!
I’ll be making my donation this coming Monday evening, so get your donations in now!
I’ve extended the deadline until Tuesday, Oct 13, 10pm PST
Let’s shoot for $1,000 together… or even more!
P.S.—If any other folks want to also contribute matching funds as part of this, post a comment here and I’ll add your name and offer below. Let’s see this effort snowball!
* * *
Contributions so far:
– Wysz: $50 (+ his employer matching)—$100
– Jen: $10
– Char: $50 (+ her employer matching)—$100
– Jason: $50 (Jason’s employer may also match)
– Katie: $10
– Valerie: $50
– Greg: $50 (+ his employer matching)—$100
– Edythe: $? (amount of donation unknown)
– Adam: $250 (+ my employer matching)—$500
– Tiffany: $50 (+ her employer matching)—$100
BUT WAIT… Greg offered to throw in more money if the pool reached $1,000!
– Greg: another $50 (+ his employer matching)—$100
TOTAL: $1,120. WE ROCK! 😀