So what did I think of Cirque du Soleil’s show “O”?
Absolutely beautiful. I think my mouth was open most of the time, and I’m glad there weren’t flies about (just people flying, and they’re bigger. And sexier. And waterproof, apparently!)
One of my friends that attended with me joked (okay, somewhat lamely) that the show is called O because everyone keeps breathlessly sighing or marveling “Ooooooh!” But maybe she’s right.
Some quick specific thoughts:
- I sat in row M. If I had my choice, I’d sit in maybe row D or E. I’d rather see expressions and subtle movements, even at the slight expense of getting “the overall picture.” Row M wasn’t bad at all, though.
- The expensive seats are $165 after tax. That hurts. Shockingly, I still think it was worth it, and I may attend again when I’m in Vegas next year.
- My three friends and I got last minute tickets (and, as noted, fine seats) by arriving just over two hours prior to a Thursday early show. I’m guessing this’d be much less successful Fri-Sun. And we got the *last* remaining tickets. So I’d indeed recommend booking ahead or—if you’re available to see a show on a weekday, get there 2.5 hours early and bring a snack to eat in line.
- I didn’t quite click with the clown scenes. Cute, but not particularly funny or entertaining.
- Sure, the feats of the performers were insanely amazing, but I was more taken by the artistic creativity and beauty of the show. There were a few sections in which I thought, hmm, maybe this is a bit repetitive, but overall, the show captured and held my attention strongly.
- Gotta pee? Go well *before* the show starts, or you’ll be pretty frustrated with, well, all the water around ;-). And there’s no intermission!
- O is in the Bellagio hotel, and the buffet there is outstanding! My friends and I were amazed at the quality and diversity of food that was available for our 9:30pm dinner! And, unlike most buffets, (non-alcoholic) drinks are included at no extra price… including fresh-squeezed OJ. Yum!
Anyway, go see the show. Quite an experience! 🙂