Here are prepared food and food delivery services I’ve tried and recommend!
- I believe these are not available outside the U.S., and even within the U.S. may not be available everywhere.
- I think my referral links will usually get you the best deal, but definitely compare against, say, a Google Search.
- And speaking of referral links: I get ‘store credit’ when you sign up with my link for some of the places below 🙂
- I’m doing my best to keep this page updated, but promos may change frequently, so always doublecheck that you’re getting the promo you think you’re getting!
🍲 CookUnity: Prepared, gourmet meals you just pop in the regular oven or toaster oven (including, yes, the Tovala oven!). Literally 30 second prep, then 10-20 minutes in the oven, done!
Here’s a sampling of meals offered in just one week! Gluten-free lamb meatballs. Braised pork. Chicken parmesan. Catfish. And plenty of veg options!
$50 off your first order
- Super-delicious and incredibly convenient.
- On top of that, every meal comes with very clear nutrition & ingredient info; I was impressed! 🙂
🍳 HomeChef: Great taste & variety…. featuring often-Tovala-friendly meals with your choice of low/no prep, “15-minute prep”, or more elaborate actually-cooking options.
Here’s a sampling of meals offered in just one week! Steak tacos, BBQ chicken. Marinara turkey. Ahi tuna. Shrimp. Tiramisu. And tons more!
$35 off your first order
- Lots of very tasty comfort food (including veg, fish, meat!), but also high-end offerings like shrimp, even filet mignon! 😮
- Ingredients, nutrition info, and prep info are very clearly shown for every meal on their site.
- Very flexible delivery options… both in terms of meals, and also being able to easily pause your subscription will still requesting one-off deliveries. Great for someone who just wants occasional deliveries with no hassles!
🍱 Bentocart: SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA ONLY.
Pick and choose individual items from an awesome set of curated restaurants! Delivered refrigerated, with super-easy pop-in-microwave prep!
$10 off your first order
- Get a naan from here, an onigiri from there, mix and match heaven!
- I learned firsthand that they charge restaurants substantially less than other restaurant delivery services, which makes me even happier to support them 🙂
🧑🍳 Shef: Home-cooked meals, delivered!
$20 off your first order
- Wonderfully diverse choices! Cuisines from Egypt, Mexico, China, and more!
- Very authentic flavors, spices, ingredients 🙂
🍕 Slice: A more humane sort of pizza delivery!
- They don’t charge restaurants an arm and a leg!
- They do have occasional modest specials for eaters 🙂
🥟 Wee: A hugely stocked Asian grocery store that delivers fresh and prepared foods!
$15 off $35 on your first order
- Dimsum! Veggies! Every kind of seafood! Even frozen boba (just pop in microwave, add milk!)
Other ones that are also useful
🥘 Tovala: Scan a card, stick tray’d food in oven, it actually comes out tasty!
$150 off the combo of their neato hybrid oven + 6 week meal subscription 😮
🚪 Doordash: Restaurant food, delivered.
$30 credit! ($10 off your first 3 orders)
🥡 Grubhub: Yet more restaurant food, delivered. Frequent specials.
$10 off your first order
🍔 UberEats: What do you know… even more restaurant food, delivered. Gotta take advantage of all the promos 😀
Use code XX95 for $20 off $25 with your first order
And zomg don’t bother! 😮
🤮 Freshly: Tastes worse than even discount off-brand frozen dinners, and yes, that’s a pretty impressive feat. I’m not even gonna link to them :o.