I saw this show in 2008 with three colleagues in the $99 section ($109 after tax)… pretty center, towards the back (best seats available).
- Very comfortable seats!
- A little too much fighting-oriented for my taste.
- The hand-shadow part was touching and beautiful and clever.
- Call me a dunce, but I really didn’t follow the story line at all. Okay, two sides… some bad people trying to kill the others, but that’s about all I grokked. And the Cirque folks are too damn cheap to give out even a small program? That’s a piss-off after such pricey tickets.
- Yes, the stage was unbelievable! I know it may sound silly to gush about a moving platform, but… really, you won’t appreciate how amazing this is and how much it adds to the performance until you see it.
- Costumes, music… very impressive.
- Theatre… oddly not so impressive. Except for the amazing stage and comfy seats, pretty uninspiring.
By the way, I was easily able to obtain tickets the day of (albeit not-outstanding seats), so if you’re not picky, you probably don’t have to worry about booking far in advance. Then again, this was for a Tuesday night, so if you’re arriving on a weekend, your mileage may vary.