Earlier this week I spent about 45 seconds and got $134 for my effort.
It went something like this:
- Phone rang. Didn’t recognize number, and was going to let it go to voicemail, but for some reason I answered it.
- “Hi, may I speak with Adam?” [oh no… not a telemarketer! I braced myself.]
- “This is Angela from [dental group], and I wanted to let you know it’s time for your teeth cleaning…”
- I explained that I had moved and was getting my teeth cleaned by another dentist.
- “Oh! Well, there’s a $134 credit on your account. Would you like me to send it to you?”
- Three days later, I found a check for $134 in my mailbox.
Why am I sharing this story with you? Well, you see, this got me to thinking. Maybe there are other people who have changed dentists or banks or optometrists, that sort of thing. And maybe they’re owed money, too.
Perhaps it’s worth checking for a check, eh? 😀
– A public service message from your local BLADAM