WHAT QUICK LINKS DOES
Think of it as sort of a “Saved searches” feature :-D. Basically, you can take any search and “save” it so that it appears as an option under a Quick Links menu on the lefthand side of your Gmail screen. For instance, one of my favorite quick links is this saved search: “TO:me IN:inbox.” When I click on this link now, it shows me all mail that’s been sent to me personally that’s still in my inbox, weeding out all the “junk” bulk mail… e.g., newsletters, ads from vendors, etc. Other options could be showing mail just from a specific time period that has attachments, mail that is starred but not in your inbox, etc.
HOW TO GET THE QUICK LINKS FEATURE IN YOUR GMAIL
1) Go to your Gmail.
2) Click on “Settings” at the top of the page.
3) Then click on “Labs”
4) You’ll find many add-ons, or labs features which may interest you. Enable “Quick Links” and/or any other labs features you like.
5) Lastly, click “Save changes” at the bottom.
HOW TO USE QUICK LINKS
1) Type in any search into Gmail (in the regular search bar, or using the Advanced Search).
2) Click “Add Quick Link” on the lefthand side of your Gmail page. Voila! 😀
* * *
For those of you who have used Quick Links, what are some of the favorite / most useful / most creative links you’ve created?