Too lazy to cook, too cheap to go out or order in, and out of frozen dinners… I came up with an ingenious, tasty, healthy, and inexpensive dinner tonight.
– One packet of albacore tuna
– One hardboiled egg (I recommend making these in batches ahead of time!)
– Two tablespoons of any low-fat ranch-type dressing
– Coursely ground pepper
– Dehydrated onion flakes
– Canned corn
– Crackers (I chose a delicious WASA-brand crisp-bread type)
– Put everything in a bowl except the crackers.
– Mash well.
– Spoon concoction onto crackers, or munch on crackers separately.
Time to prepare:
About 3-4 minutes, tops.
One hungry person, or easily 2-4 people if used as an appetizer.
I used to hate tuna when I was a kid, but this… this tastes good! And from what I can gather, it’s pretty healthy, too. Protein from the egg and tuna, good oil and vitamins from the tuna, much fat and many calories saved by substituting the low-fat ranch dressing for the mayonnaise, and at least a serving or two of vegetables from the corn. Plus the dehydrated onions give it a flavorful and crispy punch.
Downed with a glass of milk… well, then you’re dealin’ with the meat, veggie/fruit, and dairy categories of the food pyramid. And pretty affordably, too!