I guarantee* that the following all-natural AdamSpecial (“CafeKeek” in honor of my now-undoubtedly-horrified French friends) will put a pep in your step, will put the mmmmm in mooove, will take the ache out of awake…
1) Coffee beans + grinder (ideal) OR not-terribly-fine-ground coffee (okay) OR instant coffee (will do in a pinch; can ignore French press/strainer instructions)
2) Milk (ideally non-fat, optionally low-fat) OR milk substitute that can be heated/drunk hot or warm
3) French press OR extra container + a strainer
5) and – unless you don’t like sweet stuff—one of the following Adam-named add-ins
– “Plain Sweetie”: Sugar—one to two teaspoons per cup of milk.
– “Chocolate Jesus”: Pure unsweetened cocoa powder and sugar (one teaspoon each per cup of milk) OR pre-sweetened chocolate syrup / cocoa powder (Nestle Quik does not count!)
– “Cuckoo du mint”: The Jesus ingredients above + three drops pure mint extract per cup of milk OR Trader Joe’s mint cocoa powder
Instructions for making CafeKeek…
1) Boil milk OR heat milk in microwave (ideally use a microwavable measuring cup or similar item for easy pouring)
2a) Got a French press? Put in the ground coffee but not other ingredients.
2b) Using a strainer? Add ground coffee to intermediate container (that you can easily pour from into your drinking cup)
3) Pour hot milk into either French press or intermediate container. Wait 5 minutes.
4) Pour coffee-soaked hot milk into drinking container (using strainer if you didn’t use a French press)
5) Add optional other ingredients and stir with teaspoon.
6) Enjoy, then come back here and write a comment about how much you loved it and how you’re eternally grateful to me and so on.
7) Repeat, but probably not on the same day.
Strongly recommended in conjuction with CafeKeek…
– Protein—either a handful of nuts or some peanut butter on a cracker, etc.
– Potassium—a banana works great (half of one is fine)
– Exercise—no time for a real workout? Prefix the incomparable CafeKeek with 18 jumping jacks or 18 seconds of jump-roping or anything else to quickly get your heart pumping. I’m serious about this… it really helps!
* * *
Okay, now it’s your turn. What natural foods / practices do you use to help wake you up? (so, yeah, those energy drinks with unpronounceable ingredients don’t qualify here)
*Guaranteed satisfaction, or your pro-rated BLADAM subscription fees reimbursed!